SAARC Agriculture PhD Scholarship: SAARC Agriculture Centre
SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC) under the framework of SAARC has been working for strengthening agricultural research and technology transfer through regional network among agricultural research and development institutions and policy makers in South Asia. This PhD scholarship is dedicated to aspiring agricultural scientists of the region to pursue their PhD degree programs in reputed agricultural universities in SAARC Region
Duration: 3 years
Host University: Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, Bangladesh
- Economy class air fare from home country and return at the end of PhD study
- Tuition fee
- Living allowances at the rate US$ 600 per month
- US$ 1000 to cover up expenditure for books, study materials, computer and thesis production (one-time grant)
- US$ 1000 per year to cover up research costs with the recommendation of PhD supervisor.
- Applicant must be national of a SAARC Member State (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka)
- Applicant must be must a regular employee of the National Agricultural Research and Extension System (NARES) of the respective Member States.
- Applicants must not exceed age of 40 years.
- Applicant must hold a relevant postgraduate qualification (MSc/ MS/ MPhil) in agriculture or allied sciences with excellent academic records.
- Applicant must possess good command of spoken and written English.
- Applicants with publications on climate change and conservation agriculture would get preference.
How to apply:
- Submit application with PhD synopsis and supporting documents (certified copies of postgraduate and basic degree certificates, current CV, list of publications). Click here for APPLICATION FORM.
Thematic area for research: Influence of conservation agriculture on soil carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas emission in cereal based cropping systems
Host University: Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, Bangladesh (http://www.bau.edu.bd )
Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU) is the premier institution of higher agricultural education and research in Bangladesh. The main task of the university is to tone up the quality and standard of higher agricultural education and to produce first-rate agriculturists, agricultural scientists and researchers for shouldering the responsibilities of agricultural development of the country. The BAU offers PhD degree based on PhD thesis, with satisfactory course work (Master’s level) if any suggested by supervisor.
|—————-OVERVIEW OF THE FELLOWSHIP————-|
|Organization||Indian Council of Agricultural Research|
|Fellowship amount||US$ 600 per month with other allowances|
|Eligibility||Open to SAARC country nationals|
|Deadline||30th April 2017|
Dr. W.A.R.T. Wickramaarachchi,
Senior Program Specialist (Priority Setting and Program Development),
SAARC Agriculture Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh
(T: +88-2-8141140, F: +88- 2-9124596, M: +880-1754696984, E: email@example.com )
SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC) BARC Complex
New Airport Road
Dhaka 1215, Bangladesh