Chinese Government Scholarships 2017-2018 for International Students in China
Ministry of Education of P.R. China is pleased to offer scholarships for international students in 2017-2018 academic session. Scholarships will be awarded to undertake doctoral, masters, undergraduate, general scholar program and senior scholar program.
Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities. They should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions. General English language requirements for English-instructed programs and Chinese-instructed programs are different.
Scholarships are available for students, teachers and scholars to pursue degrees at all levels (bachelor’s, master’s and PhD) or non-degree studies and to conduct research in China.
279 designated Chinese universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Law, Economics, Management, Education, Liberal Arts, Philosophy, History, and Fine Arts for scholarship winners at all levels.
- Bilateral Program: This includes full or partial scholarships in accordance with the educational exchange agreements or consensus between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations. It supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Applicants shall apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of their home countries.
- Chinese University Program: This is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports graduate students. Applicants shall apply to the designated Chinese universities undertaking this program.
- Great Wall Program: This is a full scholarship for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization ?UNESCO? to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and research in China. It only supports general scholars and senior scholars. Applicants shall apply to the National Commissions for UNESCO in their home countries.
- EU Program: This is a full scholarship to encourage students from EU member countries to study and research in China in order to promote mutual understanding between China and EU members. It supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Applicants shall apply to the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of the P. R. China to the European Union.
- AUN Program: This is a full scholarship for the ASEAN University Network (AUN) to sponsor students, teachers and scholars from ASEAN member nations to study in China and to enhance the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN members. It only supports graduates. Applicants shall apply to AUN Secretariat.
- PIF Program: This is a full scholarship to sponsor students from Pacific island countries to study in China. It supports undergraduates, graduates, general scholars and senior scholars. Applicants shall apply to Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Secretariat.
- WMO Program: This is a partial scholarship including a tuition fee waiver, free on-campus accommodation and Comprehensive Medical Insurance? for the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to sponsor international students to study and conduct research in meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision and management in China. It only supports undergraduates and graduates. Applicants shall apply to WMO.
- Chinese Government Scholarship programs sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to undertake degree studies bachelor, master and PhD and Chinese language study or academic research in institutions of higher education in China.
- Nationality: International students (non-Chinese citizens) can apply for these scholarships.
Eligible Regions: Global.
- Please select the program Chinese Government Scholarships.
- The item apply for refers to the program applicant want to study rather than the degree they have already held.
- Majors should be one of the existing majors offered by Chinese universities and be based on applicant actual educational background. A nonexistent or improper major input will affect applicants application result.
- Preference of Institutions must be chosen from 279 Chinese universities designated by MOE. Any institution beyond the list will not be available for recruitment.
- Duration of the Major Study should match the program applicants apply for. Please check introductions to each program for the specific schooling period.
- Submitted applications can be retrieved for revision. Once retrieved, the previously submitted application becomes invalid. Therefore, revised application should be submitted one more time.
Application Deadline: April 7, 2017